If you feel that your Samsung refrigerator is not cooling well, you should need to know a few points to find out/troubleshoot the cooling problem. Home appliances work well if you maintain these appliances well and perform care/service from time to time.
To find out refrigerators’ problem cooling few basic tips are most important. After that, you can know the main fault of the Samsung refrigerator. If your refrigerator compressor is working and you can feel its sound of running. But there is no cooling still. Then it might be the reason for the evaporator coil or the evaporator fan.
Maybe the evaporator fan blades are broken/damaged so the fan is not running. As the result, your Samsung refrigerator is not cooling. If the issue is at the end of the evaporator fan you will feel it through its sound.
When you open the door, its sound gets louder. As you open the freezer compartment door the evaporator coil and fan are located there inside the cover.
In the freezer compartment, when you open the cover, the inner parts will show. If the coil is found filled with frost, you have to remove everything from the freezer and fridge also. You have to wait for the time to defrost.
Always keep your refrigerator condenser clean, always clear it from dust. Also, keep your Samsung freezer in a well-ventilated area. It will give you better results from your Samsung freezer’s cooling.
For defrost, remove the power supply from the electric board and let the freezer open. It should be left as it is a minimum of 24 hours, or according to the weather of your area/country. The main purpose is only to defrost.
When everything melts away power on your Samsung freezer back. If it starts working then the problem is somewhere else. Now check the timer and thermostat of the freezer. Remove and replace them with a new one. It’s not hard to change.
The lower back compartment of the freezers consists compressor and condenser fan. To check that, increase the cooling volume from the thermostat (that is located inside the fridge compartment) and let the door open. Wait and see if the compressor is running or not. If you did not hear the compressor running sound, then you can realize that the problem is in the relay or the compressor.
Samsung Refrigerator compressor
Normally, it’s not difficult to replace the compressor but if you feel any complications, call the repairing service near you. They will troubleshoot the actual fault.
Check Samsung Refrigerator Doors Seal
Even if the rest of your refrigerator is working properly, if the magnetic door seals, also known as door seals, are defective, cold air can escape from the Samsung refrigerator. Samsung refrigerator door seals can become brittle over time, reducing their ability to form a tight seal.
Test the seal by inserting a dollar bill halfway into the door and then closing the door. If you feel resistance when you pull it out, the seal is still working, but if the bill releases easily, you need to replace the door seals.
Replacing the seals is a fairly simple undertaking for the enthusiastic do-it-yourselfer. Door seals range in price from around $45 to $85 or more approximately, depending on the make and model of the refrigerator. Consult your owner’s manual to identify the correct replacement seals.
Also, you can find detailed instructions in your user manual or replacement gasket pack.
Make Sure Nothing is Blocking the Air Vents
Cold air circulates back and forth between the refrigerator’s freezer compartment and the cooling compartment through the ventilation slots. If an object blocks the airflow, it can cause uneven temperatures in the refrigerator compartment.
Depending on the make and model of your samsung refrigerator, the ventilation openings may be located along the inside back wall or a side wall. Check your user guide if you’re having trouble finding them. Objects pressed against a vent can block airflow.
A good rule of thumb is to store a large amount of food in your fridge, which will help maintain a cool temperature but don’t pack it so tightly that air can’t easily circulate from shelf to shelf. For example, stuffing too much food too hard is a common cause of a GE refrigerator not cooling.
Frost build-up in the freezer compartment can also block a vent, preventing cold air from entering the fridge compartment. If the freezer is very cold, unplug the Samsung fridge and open the freezer door to allow the frost to melt. Once it melts, plug the fridge back in and it should be chilling better. It can take a whole day to thaw in a very cold freezer. So plan to store your perishables in a neighbor’s fridge whenever possible.
The main parts of the freezer
- Condenser coils
- Evaporator coils
- Expansion device
- Freezer compartment
- Refrigerator compartment
- Upper door
- Lower door
==> Follow these 6 steps one by one and solve your Samsung refrigerator, and freezer issue
STEP 1: Open the Cover
To remove the cover, you need to access the upper section for inspection of the evaporator and evaporator fan compartment.
- Open the upper door of the freezer.
- Remove the screw to open the cover.
- Work is done.
STEP 2: Remove the Cover from Fan
When you open the cover from the fan then, Some Samsung refrigerators have the fan cover and some are without a cover.
- If your Samsung refrigerator fan is covered then open the screw.
- Remove the screw from their places.
- Then open the cover from the fan.
STEP 3: Remove the Evaporator Fan
After you remove the cover from the evaporator fan you will be able to remove the fan.
- Unplug the fridge from electric power.
- Remove the screw of the fan that fixed the fan with the freezer body.
- If the fan is noisy or does not work, replace it with a new one.
STEP 4: Replace the Existing Fan
- Remove the mounting plates/brackets from the existing fan and fix the with the new ones to attach to the freezer body.
- Remove the electric wires from the old fan and connect them with the new fan.
- Mount the fan to the wall with the screws and cover it following the same procedure as opening.
STEP 5: Replace the Condenser Fan
Replace the condenser fan of Samsung refrigerator, If the condenser fan is at fault, noisy, or does not run. First, remove the base/brackets from the freezer body and then remove the bracket from the fan.
- Push your refrigerator away from the wall.
- Unplug it and access the back side compressor compartment.
- Power on the appliance and wait for the compressor to turn on.
- Also, the condenser fan should turn on.
- The compressor turns on and the fan does not, or the fan is turned on but makes more noise the fan is not good.
- Replace the fan with a new one.
- If the fan does not turn on and the compressor is too hot, power off the fridge and arrange a fan.
- Use a fan or hair dryer that is set on the no heat settings, until the compressor cools down.
- Again plugin the fridge/refrigerator.
- Check again if the compressor is turned on and the fan is still off, replace the refrigerator fan.
- If still not on, then maybe need a new relay or a new compressor.
STEP 6: Install a New Fan
- Unplug the Samsung freezer first.
- Cut off electric wires from the fan.
- Connect the wires to the new fan.
- Properly insulate the wire joints.
- Screw up the brackets with the fan.
- Reinstall the new fan with bracket in the Samsung freezer.
Never try yourself, if you are not familiar with freezers. And hire a professional/technician for freezer repair.
Q: How can you fix the Samsung refrigerator that is not cooling?
Ans: Unplug the Samsung freezer from the power. Check the evaporator fan, is it working well. Check the settings from the thermostat for the minimum to maximum cooling according to your desired temperature. In the end, see the compressor and check is it on or off.
Q: Why is my Samsung refrigerator running but not cooling?
Ans: The Samsung refrigerator is running but not cooling, the common reason for not cooling is the evaporator coil that can be covered fully with ice. If the coil is covered with ice the cooling of the freezer can be affected. For this purpose, switch off the freezer and wait for defrosting.
Q: What is the problem if the Samsung refrigerator is not cooling but the freezer is cooling?
Ans: The most common reason for this condition is the defrost system. If the freezer is cold but the fridge is warm, the evaporator fan motor may not be working well. Every refrigerator works with a series of coils called evaporators.
Q: Why has my fridge gone warm?
Ans: The first reason for that can be a refrigerator Is Too Full. If the compartment of the fridge is full of fresh food and fruits. If you place cold drinks/beverages inside the fridge that temperature is high than normal. In such cases, the fridge has gone warm. This issue can be solved easily.
Q: What is the reason why a Samsung refrigerator stops working?
Ans: When your Fridge Stopped working and was not on power also the inner side light is off. In this case, it is sure that the power is off. Check the circuit breaker from your electric supply board and switch it on to continuity of the electric supply
Q: Will unplugging a Samsung fridge reset it?
Ans: Yes, you have to unplug your Samsung refrigerator to reset it. Leave it unattended for 40 to 50 minutes. During unplugging keep the doors close.
Q: Is it possible to repair a fridge?
Ans: Consider the basic rule that you keep in mind Always, while you need to repair your fridge. If the cost of repairing is less than 50% of the price that will be required to purchase the new fridge. So, it is suitable and worthy to repair the fridge for your usage.
Q: How you can know your fridge is dying?
Ans: The signs of dying a fridge/refrigerator are as under:
12 Basic Signs a Refrigerator is Dying
- The food that is stored in the fridge is going damaged very quickly.
- Moisture starts to appear continuously on the fridge’s outer side.
- Excessive frost on the different parts of the fridge.
- The refrigerator started more noisy than normal.
- Or the refrigerator never makes a noise at all.
- Refrigerator evaporator coils feel too hot.
- The freezer/fridge is not cooling even in maximum cool settings.
- The refrigerator use period is more than 10 years.
- The freezer is not making ice.
- The fridge door feels like sweetening.
- Excessive use of energy.
- Break and tear in the door’s seal.
Keeping a cold Samsung refrigerator is important for food flavoring and especially for food safety. With a little troubleshooting, you can determine why a Samsung refrigerator isn’t cooling, and you may be able to solve the problem with a simple fix.
Always make sure to avoid blocking the airflow inside the fridge. Also, regularly checking the power supply of the device or checking the settings temperature, and cooling functions. You may also be able to clean the condenser coils or replace the door seals yourself.
- Be careful, always switch off the power while touching the refrigerator for repairing purposes.
——————————— NEXT ————————————
Whirlpool Dishwasher Not Washing
(Whirlpool Dishwasher Not Washing) If you wash your dishes in the Whirlpool dishwasher and the whirlpool dishwasher is not washing your dishes well. And all of your dishes come out dirty from the dishwasher. Its means that something bed happening with the dishwasher so you are not getting better results according to your desire.
Maybe the washing arm of the dishwasher is stacked. To open this blockage, remove the wash arm and unblock any dirt from the holes. If it is filled with dirt then you have to replace that. An electric motor with an impeller is used in the dishwasher to circulate water and pump up forcedly thoroughly wash arms. Read More…